Big BIG thanks to our sponsor Neil !
For information on today's festivals see eFestivals.co.uk
Updated Feb 2019, New pictures of the site and audience
Dec 2011 new photos of the Pye Recording crew and Miles Davis's engineer Stan Tonkel and producer Teo Macero
Best viewed at 1920 x 1024 res .
NB: MEDIA- If requesting contact details to use images for publication, please send the url, image file and name of Photographer to us so its easier to give you their contact details. Due to the impermanent nature of the web, people change addys frequently- so we don't have contact with all of our contributors.
- Isle Of Wight Rock an excellent site devoted to the Isle Of Wight and the Bickershaw festival to boot
- Rip Gooch : has a site about 70s British rock festivals which includes the IOW
- The Who : The Who net has almost everything you need to know about the who at the IOW and lots more about their entire career .
- Tiny Tim : Tiny Tim site run by Miss Sue , with many articles on the late great Tiny one .
- Miles Davis Phil Franks excellent Miles Davis pix from IOW 70 -look, but don't copy Phil's work.
- The Watkins PA- WEM founders page on the sound systems of the 60s and 70s used at the IOW .
- Miles Davis Isle of Wight rock archive page on Miles at the IOW
- The Band and Bob Dylan Excellent page of pix from the 69 bash at the Band web site.
- IOW 70 Forum organised by Roland
Isle of Wight 1970 festival menu
updated March 2019
The Underground press- NB: opinions expressed in these articles do not represent our opinions of the organisers or any other people involved in the running of the festival, it is possible that they may be innaccurate in some details or facts.
Reports from the "Straight "press
updated March 2019
The White Panthers
If you have any info you can contribute to the site, especially regarding the 1968 and 1969 festivals, such as details of recordings. recollections, programmes, tickets, pix or articles don't just sit there , Contact us
1968 Isle of Wight festival 1969 Isle of Wight festival
Back to the main Archive.